ICON Interactive is a full-service digital agency that represents the merger of extraordinary design and powerful technology. Each initiative, each project, receives the full weight of both sides of the brain, rendering beautiful imagery that engages the eye, and functional control that gives real purpose.
With decades of experience, ICON has served multiple industries: from automotive and music to health care and consumer products. We help organizations with many different configurations meet their goals in the digital space and beyond. We do this because we love it.
Mission: Award winning design, simplifying the most complex ideas to create unique experiences, to connect brands with people.
We are adding a Senior Web Software Engineer to our team. This person will excel in all aspects of frontend web development. This role would require working closely with backend engineers. Ability to architect web solutions. You’ll work closely with Account Manager, PM & Design to produce functional specifications and sprint tickets for new feature work and you will write all the frontend code, solo at first and with a couple of team members eventually. You will be asked to defend your technical decisions to peers and management and demo your work from time to time for your team and the clients (all nice and intelligent people, so should be fine). Looking forward to meeting you!
Development Experience in:
- Experience developing enterprise-scale web applications using Node.js, React.js, Express or AngularJS. Experience with multiple frameworks is strongly preferred as is the ability to clearly identify the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- React preferred
- Experience with all major Internet browsers, their versions, and idiosyncrasies
- Experience with distributed systems (asynchronous client-server interaction and microservices architecture)
- Experience with major CMS platforms (Django, WordPress, Drupal)
- Or – an open-source alternative
- Are a proponent of mobile-first!
- Some experience with Cloud Computing: GCN, AWS (S3, Redis, SES, SQS), particularly Akamai/other CDNs
- Scrum/Agile experience preferred
- Experience w/Microservices Architecture
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position can be based in Ann Arbor, MI, Boston, MA or New York, NY.