ICON Interactive is a full-service digital agency that represents the merger of extraordinary design and powerful technology. Each initiative, each project, receives the full weight of both sides of the brain, rendering beautiful imagery that engages the eye, and functional control that gives real purpose.
With decades of experience, ICON has served multiple industries: from automotive and music to health care and consumer products. We help organizations with many different configurations meet their goals in the digital space and beyond. We do this because we love it.
Mission: Award winning design, simplifying the most complex ideas to create unique experiences, to connect brands with people.
A technical project manager is responsible for the successful planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling, & delivery of a project(s).
You will be bringing your technical knowledge into strategic conversations about the Product, helping to unifying the product strategy, engineering strategy & successful delivery of software.
Familiarity with the Agile Scrum framework is a must. You will be working closely with engineers, and must be able to converse comfortably utilizing common technical lexicon: API, Services, Request/Response, data schema, etc.
You must be well-equipped to interface at all levels of the organization. By demonstrating project management leadership, you’ll quickly gain the trust of your project & development teammates, as well as stakeholders, to facilitate swift & well organized project deliveries.
Having insight into the technical requirements of individual user stories & Epics allows for a more efficient process, one that you will drive by bridging the desires of the customer with the capabilities of our technology.
A project manager must be intimately aware of the details of the execution: whether that’s in Design, Development, or QA phases. Be prepared to present metrics and reports to prove the effectiveness of the product and the processes involved in delivering it.
Successful resource planning, estimating, & scheduling means setting deadlines to ensure interim milestones are clear, communicated, feasible & result in march towards on-time deliverable. You must be able to assist in resource time/cost estimation to develop a budget.
- Utilize technical skills to improve prioritization and planning. Leverage your technical knowledge to close the communication gap between engineering and the rest of the organization
- Product competencies – story requirements, story writing, delivery, e2e thinking, design thinking, customer centricity
- Coordinate various individuals & teams (design, engineering, QA) to ensure project as a whole is organized & ready to deliver successfully on Project goals
- Assist in documentation – writing technical requirements, develop business models and define support requirements and processes to ensure work is delivered on schedule.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Client Project Management Team, Marketing Team Stakeholders, Engineering Team stakeholders, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Engineering Leads – and, potentially, the client.
- Work with Design Team, Account Manager and Engineers to define the full process for a Feature
- Assist in setting up development and Product principles
- Work with management to define Project Scope, staffing needs & always managing the budget for the project to stay profitable.
- Work to improve processes and tools, write product documentation/specs, workflows
- Help define the customer experience, scope and POC requirements to meet customer need
- Utilize data, customer feedback, & stakeholder requests to create a dynamic, streamlined Product. When possible, A/B test.
- Identify feature-level dependencies and establish milestone release criteria to manage unaddressed issues and detect resolutions, escalate or find the appropriate owner to ensure highest level of quality.
- Be the champion of delivering things on time! Help remove impediments to the team’s ability to perform
- Reporting: Provide accurate, understandable, and useful metrics reporting on team performance. Leverage those metrics to drive improvements and demonstrate improved performance
- (Preferred, not required) BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Passionate about Project management frameworks (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) and a deep understanding of these frameworks
- Technical aptitude: conversant in engineering architecture paradigms and common use technologies. You can participate in high-level technical discussions including challenges, risks, and tradeoffs of various solutions.
- 5+ years professional experience in Project Management
- 3+ years supporting technology
- [Bonus] 2+ years as a Product Owner, Project Manager for Software, Agile Coach or Scrum Master
- Experience with software project management software; JIRA, Rally, Pivotal etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. You love working with people and interact well with many personality types. You build strong relationships with ease. You are able to lead effectively without authority. You write effectively and can present your views clearly.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
Submit your resume to HR@IconInteractive.com.
This position can be based in Ann Arbor, MI, Boston, MA or New York, NY.