Join our team in Ann Arbor as a Drupal Dev / Team Manager
We are looking for a full stack developer with significant Drupal experience to lead our growing Drupal department. As department manager, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring a small Drupal team while continuing to write and contribute code (75% code, 25% management). You’ll need to be able to lead development from requirements definition through development, coding and implementation, preferably in an Agile environment.
The Drupal Practice Manager is responsible for designing and implementing new features and functionality, establishing and guiding the website’s architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS. This role works closely with developers and other project stakeholders to ensure technically sound, effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementations. You will work closely and collaboratively with other project stakeholders to define and implement work, manage schedules, and track progress towards goals.
We are looking for a serious full-stack developer who enjoys working on complex projects as a part of a small development team. A willingness to lead, mentor and manage team members is essential. Our team is a small and growing team with multiple projects in Drupal 8. We’re looking for a leader able to drive best practices within the team and support Drupal growth within the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience developing web solutions in Drupal 7 and 8 and PHP implementations in a LAMP environment
- Experience upgrading from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture
- Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal 7 and 8 core and contributed modules
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules
- Experience with Drupal internationalization, custom user roles & permissions
- Ability to write comprehensive automated tests
- Knowledge of PHP, PHP files and theme functions, and knowledge of the Drupal theme layer
- Experience with composer based workflow
- Continuous integration experience
- Experience with deployment management, GIT and AWS.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs.
- Ability to troubleshoot production problems related to existing software applications
- Experience providing guidance and leadership to other developers and development teams required
- Ability to manage and defuse challenging communication situations and differences of opinions.
- Required experience:
- Drupal 7: 4 years
- Drupal 8: 1 year
- Leadership experience 4 years
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org