ICON Interactive is a full-service digital agency that represents the merger of extraordinary design and powerful technology. Each initiative, each project, receives the full weight of both sides of the brain, rendering beautiful imagery that engages the eye, and functional control that gives real purpose.
With decades of experience, ICON has served multiple industries: from automotive and music to health care and consumer products. We help organizations with many different configurations meet their goals in the digital space and beyond. We do this because we love it.
Mission: Award winning design, simplifying the most complex ideas to create unique experiences, to connect brands with people.
We’re looking for a Backend Developer, or Full-Stack Developer. Produce elegant and reliable code that fulfills feature requirements with minimal oversight. The perfect candidate will have strong Flask microservices, Elasticsearch and RDBMS experience. You will work largely independently on this project, but you will be expected to communicate with the team on a daily basis (we’re nice, so this should be easy). You’ll also be asked to defend your technical decisions to peers and management and demo your work from time to time for your team and the clients (again, all nice and smart people, so should be fine). Looking forward to meeting you!
Production Development experience:
- At least 4 years experience developing enterprise applications in Python
- Content Management System — Django or other
- Experience w/Microservices Architecture
- Python Flask REST API + uWSGI + nginx web server
- Elasticsearch for keyword and tag search
- Splunk — Site metrics and dashboard
- Performance tuning
- Cloud Computing (AWS)
- Amazon SQS for asynchronous processing
- Amazon S3 for web traffic data
- SQL /Relational Databases
- Stripe-python for app-integrated vendor contacts e-commerce
- Scrum/Agile experience preferred
- Web Dev familiarity: React
- Dev Ops & Infrastructure experience / knowledge (can be non-professional)
- Containerization / Docker
- Used and/or contributed to open-source repos.
- Industry standards to scale services
Send your resume to HR@IconInteractive.com.
This position can be based in Ann Arbor, MI, Boston, MA or New York, NY.